Many people are not aware that rock music can be a great backdrop for a romantic date night. By setting the right mood, rock music can set a perfect backdrop for an evening of romance and intimacy. Rock music, however, is a broad genre. The genre has songs with lyrics and melodies that empower love, encourage togetherness, and reflect the complexities of human relationships. There are songs that uplift and inspire while others can be downright depressing or even mocking of love itself. And then there are the rockers who sing about life on the road with its boozing, drugging, and casual sex. These themes may not reflect what you have in mind for your romantic date night but there are definitely some songs that can set the right romantic mood.
To help rock music lovers get started with rock music dating, in this blog post, we will give tips on how to set up your own rock-music-themed date night! We will also give a list of songs that can get you started. Here's how you should set up the mood for your date night:
Rock music lovers are likely to stay late into the night, and this may not be desirable if you're planning on having an intimate dinner or drinks together later in the evening. Get started early. Be sure to start your romantic date before it gets too dark.
Consider timeless rock classics and dancefloor fillers from the likes of The Beatles, Stones and Queen. After all, who doesn't love to sway when they hear "Twist and Shout" or dancing their hearts out with a loved one in front of the mirror? This is the perfect way for you and your date to warm up before getting too intimate.
This type of rock is great for slow dancing and cuddling on the couch, perfect activities when you want to take it a little slower before getting too intimate with your date.
may be a bit tricky, but if you've been dating them for long enough to have an idea of their favourite bands and artists, it shouldn't be too hard. If not, well then this is the perfect opportunity to surprise your date with new music.
This is an easy way of creating your own unique romantic atmosphere that you can control, which we are sure will please your date! And if they love it too, then this may be a great opportunity for them to introduce you to their favourite rock artists.
Now that you have set the mood right for a romantic date night, you and your date can now enjoy the rest of your night with rock music playing in the background.
1) Make sure you include some classics like David Bowie's "Space Oddity." This song is upbeat yet sombre at the same time - perfect for a first dance or just an intimate moment by candlelight. Another classic option would be something like "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. Other classic rock music songs that can set the mood for a romantic date night include "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, "Layla" and "Wonderful Tonight" both performed by Eric Clapton.
2) You should also play some newer releases from artists like Imagine Dragons who still maintain classic rock roots while bringing in elements from other genres such as pop and hip hop. Playing their hit songs such as "Demons" is sure to set the right romantic mood. You can also consider playing songs from Imagine Dragons such as "Tiptoe," a mellow track that's perfect for cuddling up with your date while watching the stars or reading poetry in front of an open fireplace.
3) Other rock music contemporary artists who can set the mood for a romantic date night include Coldplay, John Mayer, and Bon Iver. Play songs like "Fix You" by Coldplay, or try playing songs like "Dear Marie" and "Visions of Gideon" from Bon Iver. John Mayer's songwriting is also known for its romantic themes so you can consider the likes of his songs such as the iconic ballad "Your Body Is a Wonderland." Other rock music contemporary artists that are good for a romantic date night include Twenty One Pilots, LCD Soundsystem and more.
4) For a more upbeat rock music selection, consider playing classic rock music hits like "Barracuda" by Heart or "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas. Or you can play hits like "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. You can also play more modern rock music hits such as "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon, or try something from Red Hot Chili Peppers like their hit song "Scar Tissue." If your date loves rock music, well then this is a great opportunity for them to introduce their favourite rock artists to you! Learn more about what they love and share with each other over dinner and drinks that night.
5) You are celebrating something with your date on your romantic date nights, songs like "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey can be perfect for an anniversary or a birthday celebration. You and your date can sing along to the iconic song together! Another song that you can consider is "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" which was made famous by Meat Loaf. You and your date will have a blast singing along to this fun rock music selection together!
No matter what the occasion is, rock music can definitely set the right mood for a romantic date night. Whether you want to dance together with your significant other or just enjoy some casual cuddling, playing rock songs will be sure to create a fun and memorable evening!